You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm CST. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met, such as Quality, Adherence, Service Level and Service Level
- Monitoring employee time entry in Cost Point on a daily/weekly basis for your team of Appointment Scheduling Representatives
- Conducting development and production meetings with your team
- Perform side by side call handling evaluations / monitoring your team’s call activities and performing QA on calls
- Mentoring staff and overseeing the team’s activities
- Manage escalated calls to resolve issues
- Resolving team scheduling issues and conflicts
- Reinforcing training for existing reps
- Actively coach agents to improve Veterans experience goals and objectives
- Assisting in the interview process of hiring agents
- Meeting Scheduling and call center metrics and goals
- Coordinate work activities with other supervisors, managers, departments, etc.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise, and judgment
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members, including formal corrective action
- Conduct annual performance reviews for team members
- Provide expertise and customer service support to Veterans, VA staff and providers
- Coordinate, supervise and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Lead or support departmental projects as needed
- Develop solutions based on client needs, business requirements and / or internal operational process gaps. There is responsibility for working independently on complex issues / projects, including those that require complex integrations or new processes
- Lead, initiate and support various OptumServe, CCN and projects to improve quality and / or efficiency
- Proactively identify opportunities and gaps impacting the operation
- Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. *Employees in jobs labeled with ‘SCA’ must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience managing escalated calls
- 2+ years of experience in a Call Center environment
- 1+ years of experience in the VA CCN Call Center (Veterans Administration Community Care Network)
- 1+ years of experience leading, managing, or supervising direct reports in a Customer Service environment
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- Experience in healthcare or managed
- Experience working with the Veteran Population
- Experience with call center technology (i.e., IEX, NICE, Metric Reporting)
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Experience leading in a virtual environment
- Experience with training, coaching, and mentoring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong telephone etiquette and people skills
- Exhibit solid organizational skills, flexibility, time management and diligence in a goal - orientated environment
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The annual range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $46,700 - $91,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Business Requirements
- Call Centers
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)