Do you enjoy troubleshooting, problem-solving, and having every day be different? Then perhaps being an ATS Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (electrician, mechanic, multi-skilled technician) is where you should be. You will work on-site in the aerospace, construction equipment, automotive or other top industries, repairing manufacturing equipment, ensuring a well-running, efficient factory. As a Maintenance Technician, (knowledgeable and competent as a production equipment electrician, mechanic, multi-skilled technician) you'll capitalize and build upon all your industrial knowledge and skill base. Varied work, competitive pay, and professional development, it's all here for you, a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician with ATS!
Under supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Performs mid to expert level break-fix preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to locate root cause of problem dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts examining parts to detect imperfections adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments repair and/or replacement of defective parts testing of device to observe performance and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Drives and participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
- Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands/fingers to handle, or feel reach with hands and arms climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.