What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) –Pediatric Emergency Room
Full-Time – Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for talented Registered Nurses to join our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
About the Unit
The Pediatric Emergency Department provides care to patients from birth through age 22 that require urgent and emergency care. All patients are triaged upon arrival utilizing a five tier triage ESI assessment.
- Care is provided on a continuous 24 hour basis, 7 days a week. The department features 23 patient care beds that include resuscitation beds, acute care beds, and observational care beds.
- The department cares for approximately 17,000 pediatric patients per year and provides 23 hour observation care services.
- Forty percent of the general population requires emergent care, while the remaining sixty percent require urgent care services. Patient’s needs range from emergent critical care and stabilization, requiring advanced life support measures, to urgent and basic care. Twenty three-hour observation care services are available for patients with continued medical and nursing care needs beyond those of a typical emergency care visit.
- The department offers a full range of emergency services ranging from routine procedures, such as wound repair and splinting performed within the department to routine and specialty diagnostic tests, such as CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI.
- Multidisciplinary specialty consultation services are available to the pediatric patients.
Responsibilities/TasksWhat You Need to Be Successful:
Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or eligible to practice under a compact license.
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- American Heart Association BCLS.
- Must have at least one year of Pediatric experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit