Responsible for all accounting operational functions for the Emerging Markets. Responsible for all treasury functions relating to the Emerging Markets supporting the Enterprise Treasurer. Responsible for accounts payable/receivable functions, payroll, Model Audit Rule, as well as planning, organizing and directing significant components of the Company's financial plans and policies. Participates and provides input in Enterprise initiatives, projects and planning. Responsible for communication and coordination with the Parent on financial matters.
- Responsible for the analysis of financial statements and providing value-added financial support to Executive team.
- Analyze and communicate cash flow requirements for the Emerging Markets and coordinating the optimization of cash planning strategy with the Enterprise Treasurer.
- Ensure the overall effective and efficient allocation of resources in the Finance team.
- Participate and provide input into financial implications of initiatives, projects and planning through IT governance and project oversight. Responsible, in coordination with the GAAP and Statutory Controllers, for all internal and external audits and ensuring the Company receives audit opinions free of material misstatements.
- Oversees all Enterprise operational accounting functions, including payroll, general disbursement function and general accounting functions, banking relationships, cash management, commissions, billing, travel and expense reporting and collections.
- Supports system installations, conversions and upgrades, including report design, development and testing.
- Train and mentor employees.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
- Provide vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the development of a cost-effective department while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the organization.
- Represent company in community and industry, programs and conferences.
- Upon request, function as the department head in the absence of the Vice President.
- Participate in the development of programs as a strategic partner that supports the company plan.
- Participate in development of annual departmental budget, monitor budget and identify budget discrepancies. Research cause and make recommendations.
- Responsibility for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
Supervisory: Directly supervises professional and technical staff. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles