About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste (EfW) facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Manager (HPOWER EfW Facility)
Information on our facilities is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Manager (HPOWER EfW Facility)
. For career opportunities, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Manager (HPOWER EfW Facility)
. Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Maintenance Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance, of equipment and machinery, in an industrial power plant.
Position is responsible for the overall management of facility mechanical, electrical and instrumental/control activities. This primarily includes long term planning, scheduling, and strategic development of all maintenance activities on boilers, turbines and associated equipment.
Duties include providing annual budgeting information, monthly expense, and monthly forecasting updates. Additional job tasks include directing the mechanical and electrical supervisors, lead personnel, and contractors on all daily and long term maintenance activities, including prioritizing work activities, preventive maintenance scheduling, scheduled/unscheduled boiler and turbine generator outages.
The selected candidate will lead the effort to create an environment that develops employees to drive change and improve systems. Must be committed to train and empower employees on proper maintenance work practices and troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in industrial maintenance supervision or management.
- Extensive background in plant maintenance, including the repair and maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ample knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Understanding of steam plant operations, preferably in energy-from-waste, including practical field experience involving equipment installation, maintenance overhaul, and operations.
- Considerable experience in management work order systems, work order backlogs, and preventive and predictive maintenance.
- High level of knowledge and experience with maintenance management or asset management enterprise system. PeopleSoft ALM experience is desirable.
- Ability to keep spare parts at optimum levels.
- Reasonable knowledge of maintenance budgeting and cost control methodologies.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially with Excel (spreadsheets, modeling, and pivot tables) and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effecitvely with employees, management, and at different levels of the organization.