Seasonal Mosquito Technician/Driver
Are you independent, resourceful, and mechanically included? Do you love working outdoors? Want to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Vector Disease Control, is proud to be a member of the Rentokil family of companies in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.Responsibilities
What do our Seasonal Mosquito Technician/Driver's do?
Our Seasonal Mosquito Technician/Drivers are responsible for Safely and effectively operate a mosquito control spray truck as part of an integrated mosquito management program.
- Thoroughly spray assigned zones as instructed by the contract supervisor
- Properly use GPS monitor equipment nightly as instructed, and report any malfunctions immediately
- Accurately record all required data from each spray mission on the appropriate log sheet
- Be thoroughly familiar with all applicable chemical labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), make sure copies of both documents, for all chemicals present, are in the truck at all times, and handle/apply all chemicals according to label specifications
- Know and follow proper safety and spill procedures at all times, and use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) regularly
- Obey all traffic laws
- Report all incidents or accidents to contract supervisor immediately
- Communicate respectfully, honestly, and knowledgeably to residents if stopped and questioned
- Keep truck clean and free of trash or debris at all times
- Acquire and maintain all required licenses, certifications, etc., as required by the law and MCS
- Never allow a passenger, other than another MCS employee, to ride in an MCS truck at any time
- Fully support, enforce, promote and implement the company's safety policies and programs
- React to change promptly and effectively, and handle other essential tasks as assigned
What do you need?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent with strong math skills
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
- May be required to obtain state pesticide applicator licensing (training provided)
- The work requires strenuous physical exertion and the employee may be required to drive, stand, walk, bend, climb, kneel and crouch for extended periods of time, as well as see, talk, hear and use hands and arms to grasp, handle, reach and feel.
- The employee must be capable of lifting and using heavy items such as chemical containers and application equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Work is regularly performed outdoors and may include exposure to potentially hazardous situations and substances such as extreme weather conditions, challenging and uneven/unstable terrain, pesticides, dust and airborne particulates, excessive noise, biting insects, hazardous plants, and wild and domestic animals.
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?Additional Information
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Search (Computer Science)