An employer in Atlanta is currently seeking an Avionics System Engineer for a full time research position). This position supports system integration and software development projects for Department of Defense (DoD) aircraft improvement programs.
- Develop, decompose and allocate sponsor requirements into system designs describing the architecture structure, allocation of behavior, and data interfaces to hardware and software components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop technical solutions for our DoD sponsors ensuring all products meet allocated requirements and design
- Serve as a technical expert on assigned projects and systems to include keeping up-to-date on use models, system capabilities, system interfaces, engineering tools, and road maps for current and future updates
- Utilize technical expertise to advocate customer's position to broader development community
- Manage product backlog and system deficiency reports
- Use system specifications, interface definitions, and aircraft drawings in the development of solutions
- Integrate system components and support equipment in laboratory and fielded settings
- Isolate hardware and software component anomalies
- Analyze flight and laboratory data to determine if system requirements are met
- Ensure that all technical work is developed to meet military, safety, and security standards
- Design and manage the laboratory configurations for assigned projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience developing complex, software intensive, military or avionics systems using system engineering processes and methodologies
- Experience creating and conducting technical presentations
- Minimum 7 years of applicable experience in a technical field
- Experience developing system design for Electronic Warfare systems
- Experience processing and analyzing data with tools such as Python or R
- Experience with avionic data buses (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, Ethernet, RS-422, etc), tactical data links, military radios, and open systems architectures
- Experience designing systems using Model Based System Engineering (SysML) and agile methodologies
- Experience designing secure and safety system solutions
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting systems
- Experience with configuration management and requirements management systems
- Experience leading small to mid-sized technical tasks and/or teams
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: ATL-302284
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Insight Global is a national staffing and services company that specializes in sourcing information technology, accounting, finance, and engineering professionals and delivering service-based solutions to Fortune 1000 clients. Insight Global completes more than 33,000 placements annually in short-term, long-term, contract-to-hire, and direct placement positions through our network of more than 40 regional offices across the U.S. and Canada. The company has been ranked one of the fastest growing staffing firms for the past 10 consecutive years and named the 3rd largest IT staffing firm in America by Staffing Industry Analysts.
View the full profile