There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a Medical Disability Exam Review Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve as a medical professional to evaluate and provide a clear, comprehensive and concise review of Medical Disability claims.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a point of contact and resource for the VA Clinical Operations Department (VBA- Veterans Benefits Administration) and communicate with internal and external entities
- Provide Practitioner education
- Perform internal Medical Opinion only requests as required by applicable contracts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a Physician Assistant Program or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a Nurse Practitioner program
- Active unrestricted Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license in your state of residence
- Ability to obtain licensure in other states as needed; may be required to identify a supervising physician as dictated by state licensure requirements
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience as a VA employee performing Compensation and Pension Examinations.
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner. Certification does not need to be current.
- Access to high-speed internet from home (Broadband Cable, Fiber or DSL) and a dedicated workspace from home
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Military experience
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, VA Compensation Pension Examinations, VA Compensation and Pension Disability Evaluations, Department of Veterans Affairs, Military Healthcare, Veteran Healthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote