To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, OH 45373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clopay Building Products • Troy, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Controls Engineer in our Troy, Ohio location.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
Manage capital equipment projects from conception to completion including:
- Identification of assembly, material handling, and process opportunities for labor and cost reduction as well as quality improvement.
- Concepting and developing control solutions to assembly, material handling, and process problems and opportunities.
- Specification of control systems for capital.
- Detailed engineering design of control systems for in-house projects.
- Lead power distribution aspects of projects.
- Write, develop, and debug PLC control programming.
- Work directly with new equipment vendors in the creation of systems and programming.
- Integration of separate pieces of equipment constituting a manufacturing process or line.
- Writing justifications and proposals.
- Writing purchase contract for capital equipment.
- Maintaining company standards for automation equipment components.
- Managing equipment vendors and contractors.
- Reviewing/providing feedback/approving automation equipment drawings.
- Interfacing with plant personnel
- Starting-up new equipment, including debug.
- Project management and tracking for content/schedule/budget.
- Reporting of status, results and follow up.
- As expert providing plant level support for equipment, as needed.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline.
* Minimum of 7 years experience including engineering, project management, and hands on plant/equipment level work in automation.
* Travel required - up to 25%.
* Proven history of innovation in project management and process equipment design for projects ranging in magnitude to multi-millions of dollars.
* Proven experience in organizing and leading matrix teams to complete successful projects on time and within budget constraints.
* Experience with power distribution.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, sick and vacation time as well as a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Please visit our website at clopaydoor.com/careers to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE. Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled.