* Former Sears, Kmart or Transformco Associates are not eligible
The Telephone Sales Advisor is responsible for handling telephone calls from internal and external customers and attempts to sell Protection Agreements on Sears products that the customer either already owns or has recently purchased. The Telephone Sales Advisor also answers questions from existing or prior Protection Agreement customers and must be able to handle complex customer issues on a recurring basis.
* Connects with customer via telephone and services the customers needs, sells Protection Agreements, and positions additional Sears products
* Applies skills in the area of communication, customer service and manages and resolves customer complaints
* Delivers a sales presentation that is scripted and follows call strategies and adapts to change quickly
* Offers the best value for the customer in terms of price, discounts, multiple/additional products and maximum term and stresses the features and benefits of the Protection Agreement
* Fields customer questions, researches required information using available resources to overcome specific objections raised by the customer
* Corrects or updates customer information on record when appropriate
* Closes the sale and is respectful of the customer s rights
* Able to succeed in a structured and metric driven environment
* Works together with other team members to provide the highest level of customer service and meet team goals
* Complies with and adheres to selling policies, procedures and Company ethics
* Properly records agreement, sales processing and recording
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Less than one year of related experience
* 16 years of age or older
* Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure.
* Must be able to apply reasoning and comprehension to carry out simple written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations; occasionally interpret and adapt to customer's needs, finding solutions that are outside of the standardized situations.
* Ability to communicate in spoken and written English well enough to be understood by supervisors, co-workers, and customers
* Ability to enter data and maneuver efficiently using a keyboard, operate a mouse, use telephone and headset equipment, and listen while keying information into the system
* Ability to meet the physical requirements of frequent sitting and some standing and walking, with bending and reaching as necessary
* Ability to demonstrate self control by maintaining composure and keeping emotions in check even in difficult situations
* All employees/associates may in the course of their duties come in contact with Credit / Debit Card Data. If this data is exposed as part of their position in the site/center, the associate must protect that data as directed and required by the compliance team to ensure SHC s compliance to current Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS)
* Sales experience or call center background is preferred
The Telephone Sales Advisor is responsible for handling telephone calls from internal and external customers and attempts to sell Protection Agreements on Sears products that the customer either already owns or has recently purchased.
Debits And Credits