Job Details: Job Purpose/Summary:
The Automation Methods and Optimization team is a start-up team at Tyson Foods that is responsible for identifying automation and process improvement opportunities, performing financial modeling, driving the automation roadmap, and executing automation projects. We will also define and facilitate a governance model to ensure we leverage Tyson's full scale as a Fortune 100 company as we engage external partners and suppliers, simplify our automation solution catalog, and help streamline supportability and solution maintenance.
The Sr. Automation Analyst will play a crucial role in leading the definition of standard processes, governance, and tools to streamline the roll-out of Automation solutions across Tyson's enterprise. If you love bringing order and organization to the table, breaking ground on new process while optimizing existing processes, using data to glean insights and inform decision making, and partnering across multiple functions and organizations to deliver together, this could be a great fit for you. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the financial and efficiency impacts of automation opportunities
- The position entails rigorous process discipline and documentation practices as well as excellent cross-functional communication skills to assure functionality, safety, reliability and quality as well as high adoption of automation
- Define and execute post deployment evaluations and audits focused on solution efficacy and the team member impact due to automation
- Create and execute training and development plans for operations, maintenance and support staff responsible for operation of automation
- Provide on-site and remote training and support for automation solutions installed at Tyson foods
- Work with vendor partners to continuously improve training offerings as well as infeed technical and process requirements to improve solutions
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Information Systems equivalent degree or education
- 3 to 5 years of direct related experience in manufacturing and production environments with an emphasis on process optimization
- An organized and process-minded approach to solving problems
- Hand-on experience where you have brought organization to ambiguous environment with the use of processes, standards, and governance
- Strong documentation skills with experience documenting technical or production solutions as well as creating standard templates for repeated use
- Expertise setting up and managing shared document repositories
- Experience gathering, organizing/modeling data, and gleaning insights from it to make decisions
- Proficient in the use of data visualization platforms such as Power BI or Data Studio
- Proficient in the use of process mapping software and tools (mind-mapping tools, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent skills in standard computer software including spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to clearly "tell the story" and tailor your messaging to partners, leadership, and stakeholders including executive levels of leadership
- Understanding of interdependencies between technology, operations, and engineering
- Working knowledge and experience in industrial robotics and artificial intelligence and their application in a production environment
- Experience with industrial Internet of Things (IoT) devices and their deployment at scale
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to operate within complex situations, break them down, and work with others to define the path forward
Travel: This position may require up to 40% of travelRelocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here .
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Process Improvement
- Computer Engineering