As a Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant,
- Provide therapy services planned, delegated and supervised by the qualified Occupational Therapist in accordance with the patient's Plan of Treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of vocational/education programs and activities established by registered Occupational Therapist designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote/maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Design/adapt equipment and working and/or living environment. Fabricate devices to assist and improve function and independence and participation in the program and/or community where possible.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients as directed by the qualified Occupational Therapist and in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Report information and observations to Occupational Therapist and/or Clinical supervisor, document observed information in patient records and prepares clinical notes. Assist with preparation of progress reports. Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility.
- Instruct patients and family members regarding home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities, as appropriate, to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
Required SkillsTogether, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
- Current and unrestricted OTA licensure
- Minimum of six months occupational therapist assistant experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
CenterWell™ Home Health (formerly Kindred at Home), is one of the nation's leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve - providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability, and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.Part of Humana's Home Solution business
CenterWell Home Health cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That's why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.World-class employee benefits
Required ExperienceJoin Our Team!
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home HealthTo learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll-free)
855-563-2846 or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with CenterWell Home Health.
- Care Coordination
- Clinical Works