To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montgomery, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Pickup Coordinator
American Tire Distributors • Montgomery, AL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The ultimate responsibility of the Customer Pickup Coordinator is to deal directly with customers either by telephone or face to face who are coming to the distribution center to pick up product. The position with also organize the operation and workflow of the pickup counter to meet customer timeframes and keep record of customer interactions and transactions.
- Serves as a customer advocate by improving pickup efficiency and responsiveness to customer issue resolution at the pickup counter. Answer, handle, and resolve customer questions, requests, issues, and complaints.
- Communicates with various internal and external resources, responding to requests and issues to ensure a positive pickup experience and improved customer service.
- Supports ongoing enhancement of the customer pickup processes by providing information and updates regarding customer issues and feedback to local and regional management team.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to efficiently serve customers.
- Performs research, record keeping, processing and maintenance functions in regards to clerical assignments
- Provides administrative support in cash management, including routine banking procedures associated with the distribution center, receiving invoices and cash from drivers, and handling NSF check information.
- Assists with product inventories as directed.
- Operates powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in a safe manner and maintain an operator license, if required.
- Understand and execute the following tasks as needed:
- Review Hold Screen and resolve issues to get accounts/orders off hold
- Scan documents for transfer to Remote for posting of AR receipts
- Check in drivers and verify customer merchandise delivery / receipts
- Charge Credit Cards through Cybersource
- Scan documents for transfer to Remote for posting of AR receipts
- Look up order history in System Z
- Complete Change of Address forms
- Generate RMAs as requested
- Monitor DC Response Team activities
- Submit check refund request
- Input new customers account applications into CMR
- Coding of A/P Bills
- Prepare Fed Ex packages for shipments to Huntersville / daily
- Make changes to Ceridian Processing Time Manangement System -appts/vac
- Run Cybersource Credit Card Reports
- End of Day Reporting
Key Partners (Positions):
- DC Management Team
- Customer Service Representatives (CSRs)
- Administrative Clerk
- Warehouse Team
- Customer Service Manager
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Prior experience in customer service and pickup and delivery administration preferred.
- Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests.
- Demonstrated customer issue resolution experience required, via phone preferred.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships; experience working in a team environment to accomplish goals preferred.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Knowledge of CPU Z work, telnet, and logistics workbench.
- Think Strategically and Innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R08282