To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Berlin, CT 06037
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Product Support
ASSA ABLOY Americas • Berlin, CT
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, ASSA ABLOY is the strongest global player in the lock industry, with over 150 companies operating in more than 40 countries and over 10 percent of the world market. ASSA ABLOY's mission is to provide complete opening solutions, backed by value-added services, to help people feel safer and more secure, thus creating more freedom in their lives.
Corbin Russwin is recruiting a Technical Product Support Specialist. If you are a talented engineering graduate or have substantial experience in mechanical troubleshooting and customer support, this is your opportunity to join a global company and leverage your talents to grow your career. You will work primarily helping clients solve problems in using our mechanical locks and access control devices, developing your own skills and knowledge base in the process. This position requires a self-motivated and highly personable specialist who is capable of working close with product engineers, systems integrators, and end users. Applicants must poses and demonstrate keen problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
The primary responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service and technical support via phone, email and on-site support to current and prospective customers, and participate in activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical information and support to both internal and external customers, including end users & field sales.
- Responsible for answering product support calls for the Corbin Russwin and Yale brands of ASSA ABLOY.
- Act as the liaison between the field and Profit Center Managers regarding product issues and solutions.
- Responsible for providing feedback and keeping documentation regarding all calls and solutions provided.
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Coordinate Special Product Application requests and fabricate/purchase special components.
- Review new and existing product literature & recommend changes to ensure accuracy.
- Support Profit Centers with assembly, quality, application and engineering issues.
- Provide training to line employees and other staff as needed.
- Perform factory quality checks.
Education and Requirements
- 2-5 years' experience with technical troubleshooting; Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Associates Degree in a technical field of study preferred.
- Strong analytic and logical problem solving skills with a demonstrated attention to detail required.
- Hands on mechanical aptitude required; hardware installation experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.