To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gainesville, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical / Licensed Vocational Nurse - LPN / LVN - Per Diem
Interim HealthCare of Gainesville • Gainesville, FL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Interim HealthCare Staffing is currently seeking Licenced Practical Nurses in the Gainesville and surrounding areas.
General Purpose: Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Recognize and report changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor.
- Complete timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient’s progress.
- Assist the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties.
- Assist the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assist the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Able to perform CPR.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and auditorially observe the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient and scheduling needs.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
- May have access to protected health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignments to fit your needs
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Sign-on Bonus
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
◾Current licensure or certification as a physical therapist in the state(s) in which he or she will practice, unless licensure or certification does not exist.
◾A graduate of an accredited physical therapy education program or equivalent as recognized by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
◾In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a physical therapist that is relevant to the patient population assigned.
◾For Organizations That Must Meet the Medicare Conditions of Participation: Additional education requirements apply as per Addendum A of this job description. A physical therapist must meet 1 of 5 options for qualification to provide services paid for under the Medicare home health, hospice or outpatient therapy benefits.
Interim HealthCare® is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives. Each Interim HealthCare office is independently owned and operated. Not all services are available at all offices. ©2015 Interim HealthCare Inc.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited vocational school for LPN/LVN and licensed to practice in the state in which employed. License is active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN within the last 12 months or participates in an office preceptor program.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in patient’s home, schools, or occupational settings.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist patients with standing, walking and transferring.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.