Commercial Hospital Biller/Collector Description:
Location: Vinings, GA
Working on the Transplant and Research Specialty Billing Team
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO and commercial payors
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
- Research and appeal denied claims
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, and other payer requirements and systems
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in medical billing/collections
- Effective communication with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Experience with UB04 hospital claims
- Able to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims
This is a Monday through Friday position.
Only candidates with at least four years of Commercial Insurance Follow-up, Denials and Appeals experience will be considered for this position.
2189 - Data Entry Alpha Numeric [Onscreen]
Medical Billing And Coding
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: BHJOB9747_23218
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Prestige Staffing is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in professional staff augmentation serving the IT and Healthcare industries. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small entrepreneurial enterprises. We partner with these progressive companies in their search to hire the best full-time and contract talent needed to deliver on their company mission.
View the full profile
Since 1999, Prestige Staffing has expanded from a small, locally-based business to become a national entity with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, New York City and St. Louis. Most recent accomplishments include the Inc 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies (2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) and Inavero’s Best of Staffing (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), recognizing the top 2% of staffing agencies in all of North America.