To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NODAL NETWORK SYSTEMS OPERATOR-MAINTAINER
United States Army • Reno, NV
Posted 14 days ago
The nodal network systems operator-maintainer is responsible for making sure that the lines of communication are always up and running. They maintain strategic and tactical nodal systems.
- Field level maintenance on electronic nodal assemblages, combat net radios and ancillary communications equipment
- Perform system/network operations and correct system faults
- Maintenance on all internal communications systems devices
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a nodal network systems operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electronic switching systems repair and WAN network
- Maintaining telephone exchange
- Maintain Internet Protocol
- Interest in working with nodal equipment
- Knowledge of Internet Protocol
- Configuring, operating and troubleshooting routers and E-switches
- An ability to work as a team member