To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dexter, MI 48130
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trucent • Dexter, MI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Trucent, Inc. is a global leader in fluid recovery and regeneration solutions helping manufacturers and producers achieve operational excellence by incorporating sustainable processes. We are committed to demonstrating leading-edge sustainable solutions and approaches to industrial production and materials management. Our customer-centric solutions include Fluid Separation for Metalworking and Manufacturing, Industrial Fluid Control, Plant Process Optimization, Corn Oil Extraction, and Oil Flow Optimization.
To build upon a track record of growth and success, we are seeking a Shop Technician out of Dexter, MI.
Responsibilities will include:
- Machine/equipment fabrication and/or welding.
- Plumbing and electrical wiring (120V single phase, 480V three phase, 24 VDC) of centrifuges, pumps skids and other equipment systems.
- Machine inspection, pump rebuilds, read mechanical & electrical drawings, inventory, cleaning and repair.
- Operate forklift and overhead crane.
- Basic carpentry skills including circular saw, hammer and drill use.
- Building, shop and grounds maintenance year-round.
- Perform other related duties or special projects.
- Comply with all aspects of the Trucent safety program, including but not limited to: hazard communication, PPE requirements and attending quarterly safety training.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
- Assist in inventory control requirements.
Requires a high school education or equivalent plus additional specialized training in machine build and repair. Welding and/or machine fabrication experience a plus. Degree qualifications in a relevant field are desirable. Welding certifications are required.
Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience with machine/equipment fabrication and/or maintenance in order to gain sufficient skills to perform the requirements of the position.
Skills and Abilities, which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly, associated with this position:
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Perform the basic functions of arithmetic; add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to perform at a level of quality required to prevent losses related to cost, service, production and/or damage to equipment.
- General knowledge of the skilled trades including, mechanical, plumbing and electrical; troubleshooting skills and including a basic understanding of blueprints and mechanical drawings.
Occasional local travel in a company provided vehicle.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software and Work Aids, which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly, associated with this position:
- Hand tools, mechanical tools, vehicles, machinery, welding equipment, lift equipment, painting equipment, electrical tools.
- Valid drivers license (Chauffer or CDL license preferred) & acceptable driving record per company Vehicle Policy. Forklift certification (provided by Trucent).
Trucent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.