Our client is looking to hire multiple Underwriters that will be 100% REMOTE to join their team. These will be direct-hire, full-time positions with our client. These are excellent opportunities to join an already established national company that is continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
Employment Type: Full-Time/Direct-Hire with our client.
Compensation: Base Salary + Monthly production bonus + Sign on Bonus + Retention Bonus + Benefits
Location: 100% REMOTE - NO TRAVEL REQUIRED
About our client: Our client is a national mortgage lender with offerings in Direct to Consumer, Retail, Wholesale, Correspondent Lending, etc. Loan products include both Conventional and Non-Conventional/Government loans. Our client serves 49 states in the US, has 2,600+ employees and has serviced over 600,000+ customers.
- Minimum of 2-4+ years of recent experience in Residential Mortgage Underwriting.
- Frontline Underwriting experience.
- Experience in any of the following channels; Retail, Wholesale, Direct-to-Consumer and Correspondent.
- Experience with loan types including; Conventional, FHA and VA.
- Daily pipeline of 15-20+
- High School Diploma or above is required.
- Underwriting Certifications are NICE TO HAVE but not required. Ex. DE, LAPP/SAR.
Key selling points:
- 100% remote with no travel required.
- Client provides a company laptop and phone.
- Competitive base pay plus an aggressive commission structure that is one of the best in the industry.
- Growth opportunities. The client is huge on promoting from within. Nearly all management has held the title of loan processor and worked their way up in the company.
- Stability. This is an established client that has been growing tremendously even before the current refinance boom. No mass layoffs here when rates go up.
- Consistent high-volume loan pipeline.
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k match, PTO, Holidays, etc.
- Perform Underwriting of Conventional and/or FHA/VA mortgage loans.
- Approves or rejects residential loans within prescribed authority.
- Analyzes borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation.
- Ensures loans meet company, agency and government guidelines.
- Accurately calculates borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios.
- Documents lending decisions and completes required screens in the loan origination system that include accurate completion of the 1008 as well as adding and/or creating applicable conditions on the loan approval.
- Run, reads and interprets automated underwriting decision results from both Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector.
- Reviews conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate.
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental - RX – Vision – Life, Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match!
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance!
- Simple 100% virtual hiring process.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mortgage Underwriter - Remote
- Mortgage Loans
- Mortgage Underwriting