DoubleTree Seattle Airport is looking for their newest team member, a seasoned Banquet Chef!
Located less than one mile from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, this hotel offers 850 rooms, six Food and Beverage Outlets and 34,000 square feet of banquet space. This hotel is one of the largest DoubleTrees in the U.S. and is offering an exciting opportunity to lead an exceptional culinary team and elevate the culinary experience in the great city of Seattle!
The ideal candidate with have previous Banquet Chef experience, be willing and able to develop a well seasoned team and be computer savvy.
Union management experience is a plus!
Come join this dynamic Hilton Family today!
A Banquet Chef is responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Banquet Chef, you would be responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage and participate in daily banquet culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, supervision of food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Analyze Banquet Event Orders to plan and coordinate the food and beverage portion of client functions with Catering and/or Meetings and Conventions/Events
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!