Foodservice Worker (Flex) Location:
Danville, Pennsylvania Job Category:
Hospitality Services, Food Services Schedule:
Per Diem Work Type:
Part time Department:
JM-GMC Food Services Team Date Posted:
09/28/2022 Job ID:
R-38608 Job Summary
Performs routine tasks related to the portioning and serving of food and cleaning of tableware, equipment or work area. Follows special cleaning and trash handling techniques as required by regulatory agencies. Ensures a professional and appropriate Service Standard while performing the job. Job Duties
- Foodservice Workers will be assigned to perform various tasks within the foodservice area.
- This may include but is not limited to food preparation, packaging, and deliveries.
- Cleans and sanitizes any and all food service areas as required by management and regulatory agencies.
- Takes and records temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Places food trays over food warmers for immediate service or stores them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Weighs or measures ingredients.
- Receives and stores food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- May handle cash depending on needs.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred) Our Purpose & Values
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
- Food Preparation
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Restaurant Operation
- Logistics Operations