Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission.
INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Architect:
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Supports the development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures
- Designs system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces
- Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Performs evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs
Required Skills / Experience / Clearance:
- TS/SCI. Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architectural principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- IAT III 8570 Baseline Certification – CISSP, CASP or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: MCSA Server 2016, you will start with test 70-740 and must obtain MCSE: Core Infrastructure within 180 days.
#DefenseCamp #Belvoirregion #OpportunityOwned #GDITCareers #GDITLife #WeAreGDIT #DPOST #DefenseCampFtBelvoir #GDITINSCOM #I2TS3 #GDITpriority
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Systems Development Life Cycle