Burns & McDonnell's headquarters in Kansas City, MO, is looking for an Electrical Designer who can provide 3D electrical design work and do onsite laser scanning on a variety of power generation projects. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on FORTUNE's List of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The Electrical Designer will work on an integrated team within our Energy division (Global Practice) and perform the following duties:
* Assist in planning and preparing detailed drawings for facility layout and design development. Drawings will include power plans, lighting plans, communications, grounding, duct banks, cable trays, panel schedules, motor control centers, and schematics.
* Use SmartPlant 3D and other design software to assist in modeling building electrical designs, managing styles and template development.
* Use 3D laser scanning tools to accurately capture and extract 3D data from a variety of traditional and renewable power generation project sites.
* Demonstrate knowledge of CAD standards and best practices.
* Successfully apply company, client, and project drafting standards and procedures.
* Demonstrate ability to apply formulas, principles, and practices to complete required drawings.
* Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, drafting, and calculations on project of substantial variety and complexity.
* Demonstrate knowledge of assigned and related disciplines.
* Coordinate drafting activities with other designers, drafters, and design disciplines.
* Successfully communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
* Execute design changes and project drawing revisions.
* Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and seven years related experience or associate's degree and eight years related experience or nine years progressive detailing and design experience.
* Strong understanding of design software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
* SmartPlant 3D experience is preferred.
* Solar experience is a plus.
* Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
* Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
* Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
* Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- 3 D Scanning
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad