JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for performing human resource related duties at the administrative level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Provide back up coverage to the switchboard operator.
* Perform data entry of payroll including the handling of teammate inquiries regarding payroll, teammate time and attendance maintenance, time off requests, off-cycle paychecks, special pay transactions and sort teammate checks by department.
* Run payroll reports by department, to include time and attendance records.
* Identify the correct accounting code for all department expenses/invoices, verify the accuracy of expenses/invoices and submits for payment approval.
* Sort incoming mail by department and prepares outgoing mail for mail carrier.
* Create replacement badges.
* Collect all special deposit checks, prepare deposit slip by period, and maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes.
* Reconcile petty cash, maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes, and prepare requests for replenishment.
* File all paperwork in teammate files and confidential files.
* Create all divisional articles for the company magazine.
* Communicate company policies and practices (as appropriate) to supervisors and teammates.
* Organize special projects which may include, but are not limited to; annual holiday events, philanthropy assignments, health and wellness projects and events and job fairs.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma, or GED.
* Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Be self-motivated and able to troubleshoot, identify issues and recommend solutions.
* Be able to meet deadlines and process financials with minimal errors.
* Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
* Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
* Be well-organized and detail-oriented.
* Office environment.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Attention To Detail