To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pembroke Pines, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Bright Star Credit Union • Pembroke Pines, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Head Teller – Pembroke Pines
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is serviceoriented, fastpaced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Head Teller to join the Pembroke Pines Branch at BrightStar Credit Union!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. Responsibilities for the Head Teller include supervising the operations of the teller line, along with scheduling and monitoring the daily activities of the tellers. It is essential that the individual in this role provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately process all transactions related to the position. Provides all teller functions, including the balancing of the Night Drop, ATM and TCD, while maintaining sufficient supplies of cash to same.
- Trains employees, directs and evaluates performance within her/his area of supervision while monitoring the daily activities of the tellers.
- Identify the financial needs of the members and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs.
- Ensures that all tellers, as well as her/his self, balance consistently and in a timely manner, with minimal outages.
- Informs management of key issues concerning the teller line and the branch, as well as any other BSCU issues.
- Has knowledge of all BSCU products and services, policies and procedures. Assists members in promoting products and services.
- Assists tellers in all out of balance situations as well as member issues. Schedule teller's hours, including Saturdays, lunches and breaks. Rotate assignment on opening/closing and Saturday schedule as needed.
Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the State and Federal Collections Laws, Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- • Two to five years of similar or related Head Teller experience
- • High school education or GED
- • Must be proficient in keyboarding and calculators
- • Must have excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Credit Union product Regulations
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.