To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sylmar, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Plastics Manufacturing Engineer
Apex Systems • Sylmar, CA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is seeking an experienced Plastics Engineer to work at an established Aerospace Company in the Greater LA area! If interested - please send your updated resume to email@example.com
- Responsible for technical development, design and construction of injection molding manufacturing and automation support equipment.
- Implement procedures and methods to increase capacity and utilization in plastic part manufacturing and assembly.
- Implement Quality Control tasks as assigned, including leadership of corrective actions and root cause analysis.
- Develops test equipment and procedures for testing of company and competitive products and processes.
- Supports new product development activities.
- Acts as a technical liaison with automation build vendors in construction of molds and support equipment.
- Assists in fabrication of equipment.
- Works closely with third party manufacturers, suppliers and product developers which will require some travel (<35%).
- May interact with customers about product changes, quality issues, and technical inquires on a regular basis.
- 5-8 years of experience preferred in the injection molding industry with an understanding of scientific molding processing and/or mold design principles.
- Technical training and experience in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Perform higher-level mathematical calculations involved in design.
- Strong project management, problem solving, quality systems and communication skills.
- Supports maintenance and repair of injection molding equipment, part handling and automated assembly equipment.
- May require some operation of machining equipment.
- Advanced computer skills including CAD and plastic materials background are pluses.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178