Under the general direction of the Care Management Manager, the LVN Care Manager is responsible for working directly with the Plan, IPA medical groups, providers, hospitals, community agencies, Members/caregivers, and other entities supporting Member care to ensure coordinated, continuous care and serve as a resource person to these facilities. The LVN Care Manager works closely with the RN Care Manager and other members in the care team to support the member in the care management process.
If interested please contact Don Glymph directly at Phone number blocked - click to apply or Email blocked - click to apply,com.
- Responsible for serving as a resource for Members and Providers for care management and care coordination
- Responsible for screening Members for appropriate care management needs, documenting findings and communicating the findings to the RN Care Manager.
- LVN Care Manager uses approved screening tools which contribute to the assessment (i.e. Health Risk Assessment or other designed tool)
- Contributing to the development and modification of the Individualized Care Plan (ICP) including:
- Reviewing ICP recommendations with RN Care Manager Team Member and other Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) members as appropriate
- Educating Members according to approved plan and material content
- Communicating unexpected results with RN Care Manager Team Member and other ICT members as appropriate.
- Acts as a Member advocate at all times
- Serves as a liaison between Members, caregivers and all members of the ICT
- Assist and facilitate referrals for Members that are eligible for carve-out programs such as CCS, multi-organ transplant, etc.
- Assist members with immediate needs with regard to access, referrals and authorizations.
- Facilitates referrals to resources such as LTSS, Independent Living and Diversity Services , Behavioral Health, and community resources.
- Responsible for any other duties as required to ensure successful care management processes and Member outcomes.
- Under the direction of designated supervisor or request from a licensed Team Member (i.e. RN Care Manager), other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
Education: Possession of a valid LVN license issued by the State of California. Possession of a valid State of California driver’s license.
Experience: Three (3) or more years of care management experience in a health care delivery setting. Experience in an HMO or experience in Managed Care setting preferred. Minimum 1 year clinical experience in and acute care facility, skilled nursing facility, home health or clinic setting preferred. Current IEHP Team Members who have worked at least 2 years in the Care Management department, and are in successful in their current work performance during that time, may be considered for this position in lieu of the minimum 1-year clinical experience requirement.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Licensed Practical Nurse