To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax County, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cloud Solutions Engineer
ECS Federal, LLC • Fairfax County, VA
Posted 6 days ago
ECS is seeking a Cloud Solution Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
In this role you will work directly with ECS' most strategic customers on critical projects to help them migrate their businesses to cloud environments. Your primary responsibility will be the designing, architecting, and implementing of solutions (both cloud and hybrid) that will suit the customer's needs. We also expect that you will be a subject matter expert who can support customer meetings to analyze their enterprise and suggest means for gaining value from utilizing cloud technologies. You will also work closely with our key commercial cloud partners to strengthen strategic competencies and qualifications.
You possess a diverse background with cloud solutions in areas such as architecture design, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. To be successful, you know how to navigate ambiguity and have extensive experience working with cloud technologies. Automation, orchestration, and DevOps frameworks are integral to how you conceive of and deliver solutions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have an active/ability to obtain _Secret_ Clearance.
- Must be US Citizen
- 3 years of hands-on experience designing and deploying large scale distributed environments within commercial cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM)
- 1 year of hands-on experience deploying containerized solutions utilizing container technologies (e.g. Docker) and orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience making recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure with regard to cloud technologies
- Effective presentation skills, and the ability to independently meet with clients. Superior communications skills in both verbal and written form are a must
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, and Microsoft MCSD Azure.
- Experience deploying data processing systems with one or more technologies (Hadoop, EMR, Kafka, HBase, Redis, MongoDB, Spark, Redshift)
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.