Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Maintenance Electrician monitors and maintains a range of utilities and process equipment, in accordance with standard procedures, requirements and safety policies. Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs a variety of utilities and electrical equipment, while optimizing the utilization of Meggitt facilities.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs work to specifications and applies shop mathematics and standard electrical formulas
- Conducts industrial electrical equipment and systems maintenance, while working with electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, electrical codes, standards and regulations
- Locates and corrects electrical malfunctions in electrical systems and equipment and makes necessary repairs
- Repairs and maintain electrical circuits, controls, electrical systems, automatic and remote controls, bus bars, switches, and miscellaneous electrical equipment
- Performs layout and installation of electrical systems
- Determines wire sizes for various loads, motor horsepower requirements, line and circuit loads, and the assembly of electrical parts and wiring
- Maintains a safe and effective work area/environment and uses appropriate personal protective and safety equipment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education HS Diploma/GED
Certifications Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience 4 - 6 years in relevant experience
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits, controls, electrical systems, automatic and remote controls, bus bars, switches and miscellaneous A.C./D.C electrical equipment
- Ability to recognize and solve typical problems; using established operating procedures and scientific methods
- Proficient in interpreting documents, schematics and blueprints
- Solid electrical aptitude and mathematical abilities appropriate to the position
- Experience in operating forklifts and other powered equipment
- Experience with PLC and Controls highly preferred
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.