Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is the nation’s leading provider of post-disaster recovery services with operations currently located across 9 states and Puerto Rico. Tetra Tech’s disaster recovery business line is managed under the Tetra Tech’s Disaster Recovery Business Unit (TDR). TDR staffing varies depending upon disaster activity, but usually ranges from 500 to 3,000 staff with over 100 active client accounts at any given time. TDR is a fast-paced organization that expands its operations rapidly to meet the needs of its clients resulting from natural and manmade disasters.
TDR is currently seeking a Business Unit Controller to lead TDR’s financial management activities. As a key member of the TDR executive management team, the Controller will report to the Corporate Finance Vice President and the President of the TDR Business Unit. The Controller will assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the TDR Business Unit, including supervision and management of a team of business analysts, accountants, and data clerks. The Controller will primarily be responsible for the day to day activities such as planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial aspects of TDR. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, client invoicing, accounts payable management, financial management, financial business support and analysis, strategic and operational planning and financial reporting and analysis for TDR.
Due to the fast-paced nature of TDR’s business and its ability to rapidly expand its business due to disaster activities, the successful candidate for this position will need to be a high energy, self-directed individual with an attention to detail, with a proven track record of developing repeatable financial and accounting standard operating processes (SOPs) and ensuring these SOPs are used uniformly and effectively across the TDR organization.
Accountabilities & Key Success Measurements:
• Partner with the TDR executive team to help develop key strategic financial goals and objectives and make day-to-day tactical decisions to achieve these goals and objectives through financial leadership and timely and accurate forward-looking management information and analysis;
• Engage with the TDR business unit and Corporate finance executives to set ongoing financial targets and develop plans to achieve these targets;
• Participate as a member of the TDR executive team offering financial perspective and leadership, ensuring business unit consistency with corporate objectives; and
• Provide all local management reporting and TDR financial reports and analysis required to monitor and evaluate historical and forward-looking performance of TDR.
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions within the organization
• Recruit, mentor, train and develop a capable finance team that will provide the required resources and expertise to manage all business unit financial matters
• Oversee the development of timely and accurate invoices to clients and ensure their timely payment within pre-established targets developed in cooperation with the TDR executive team and Corporate finance. This will include timely processing of subcontractor invoices and other accounts payable items associated with the TDR business unit
• Provide accurate, timely analysis of budgets, financial trends, forecasts and key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the TDR executive team as well as Tetra Tech Corporate finance
• Develop, implement and oversee TDR financial reporting and analysis in format and frequency required by Corporate finance
• Manage processes for planning, forecasting and reporting. Build talented, business centric team to provide effective process ownership
• Develop and successfully implement recommendations to strategically enhance TDR financial performance
• Assess the risk of ongoing TDR projects and utilize and, modify where needed, existing procedures to mitigate potential financial risks associated with such projects
• Provide overarching leadership and facilitation of a risk management framework and procedures for mitigating project specific risk along with enterprise financial and operation risks
• Ensure that effective and fully functioning internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP, Tetra Tech, and applicable federal, international, provincial, local laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
• Manage cash flow through effective timely forecasting. Review, influence and approve all material financial commitments. Develop effective cash flow projection process and reporting framework
• Active leader in controlling and minimizing working capital positions through proactive frequent interfacing with business leaders and external parties (customers and suppliers) when required
• Ensure continuous improvement with internal controls, tools and processes, providing business requirements and design leadership to future ERP implementation
• Provide acquisition financial and operational due diligence support along with transition leadership of people and processes
The Ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field required
• Minimum of ten years of progressive professional experience in accounting, finance, auditing, or a similar discipline required
• Experience with US Government grant funded projects strongly preferred
• Must be comfortable with and enjoy working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment
• Must possess a high level of proficiency in MS Excel, particularly for purposes of budget development, budget forecasting and planning, and formula utilization. Also, for analyzing project financial and invoice data to ensure its accuracy
• Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks
• Outstanding interpersonal (verbal and written) and intercultural communication skills to establish and maintain effective contacts with key stakeholders is required
• Ability to develop work plans, meet aggressive deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects
• Excellent analytical writing and organizational skills and advanced numerical skills required
• Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high level of organizational skills required
• Management skills requiring the ability to interface with technical and operational business functions, accounting and project planning and finance or other department staff
• Ability to inclusively lead multidisciplinary cross-cultural teams with a record of effective delegation, communication and motivation
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies