Towson University (TU) is pleased to accept applications for the exciting new position of Executive Director for Entrepreneurship. Reporting to the Vice President of the Division Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research, the Executive Director for Entrepreneurship will provide a collective strategic vision and direction for the various entrepreneurship activities at TU, and will work collaboratively with the Directors of the Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and the Student Launchpad, ensuring that the strategic vision of Entrepreneurship @TU aligns with the central mission of the University. The Executive Director for Entrepreneurship works within both academic and non-academic environments and is an integral member of the University’s administrative team. The Executive Director is both internally and externally facing and works with academic leaders, faculty, students, administrative leaders and external constituents to integrate, develop and promote entrepreneurial activity and innovative for-profit and non-profit business concepts.
- Support inclusive annual and three year strategic planning processes and ensure implementation of planning decisions in setting annual program/project goals.
- Establish and maintain a Board of Advisors and foster their engagement, critical thinking, strategic planning, resource/financial development, membership consultation, and program development.
- Work with university and division marketing to creatively increase both internal and external awareness of the work and value of Email blocked - click to apply, thus enhancing TU’s brand in Baltimore, the region, and beyond.
- Establish and maintain dialogue and shared learning between Email blocked - click to apply and national and regional bodies.
- Develop strategies in conjunction with TU Advancement to support and secure requisite financial resources.
- Lead discussions across TU with internal and external stakeholders such as students, university administrators, faculty, alumni, staff, and community leaders.
- Work with and support broader initiatives to foster Entrepreneurship @TU and in the greater Baltimore community.
- Advocate for the development of new resources and programs on the state and regional levels to support TU student and professional entrepreneurs.
- Develop enduring and creative partnerships with entities throughout greater Baltimore to further the efforts of URL blocked - click to apply.
- Create a culture of collaboration among the various university departments, academic colleges, administrative units and entrepreneurship-focused programs/entities within the University.
Budget and Administration Management
- Establish and maintain operational plans including policies, procedures, and processes.
- Build and monitor budget, human resources, and risk management plans.
- Direct and guide entrepreneur team of center directors.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with evidence of a leadership role in a business or organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated understanding of, startup ecosystems, and entrepreneurship.
- Evidence of project execution skills, including managing deadlines and project financial statements.
- Knowledgeable in non-profit and for-profit business perspectives.
- Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising.
- Evidence of leadership skills and the drive to improve and build skills.
- Experience in strategic thinking; ability to align tactical work efforts with strategic vision.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strategic relationships to strengthen program and service delivery.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds including government and academic institutions.
- Graduate degree in relevant field.
- Demonstrated leadership for a growing team including volunteers.
- A high degree of enthusiasm, energy, and creativity.
- Evidence of a collaborative management approach.
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Evidence of understanding how to support student and faculty entrepreneurs.
- Evidence of diplomatic and tactful communication skills to support building relationships across diverse cultures and backgrounds, within the University, its constituents, and greater Baltimore.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click URL blocked - click to apply.
This position will be open for applications through September 6, 2019. Cover letter and resume are required.
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: URL blocked - click to apply.
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.