Director of AccountingCompensation:
$130000.00 to $150000.00 yearly
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join a public manufacturing company in the Santa Barbara area. The Senior Accounting Manager manages day-to-day accounting activities and manages support staff. Must have a good working knowledge of accounting principles, be deadline oriented and able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support day to day general ledger accounting functions
- Supervises accounting support staff
- Support underlying processes, ensuring accuracy and efficiency of results and compliance with internal controls and SOX
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Manage month-end close in terms of journal entries, account reconciliations and related tasks, resulting in the delivery of timely financial results
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Utilize accounting systems to facilitate processes and maintain records;
- Suggest and implement improvements to systems and processes
- Key member of ERP implementation team
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be immediately considered, please apply now and call our direct-hire team to get more details: 805.568.0838
General Ledger, Consolidated Financial Statements, SOX - Sarbanes-Oxley, Journal Entries
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
- Proven experience as Sr Accounting Manager or other similar position; CPA preferred; International, Public company experience with SOX preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and exposure to inventory/cost accounting preferred
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial close processes and internal controls/SOX
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize, Good attention to detail, problem solver, ability to work cross-functionally and with parent company, flexible
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles