To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lima, OH 45801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Lab Technician New Vision Lab Mercy Health
Mercy Health • Lima, OH
Posted 2 months ago
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
A laboratory technician is trained and certified to perform specimen processing and/or moderately and highly complex analysis of body fluid and biological specimens to diagnose and treat disease. May report results; functioning within established policy and procedure. Review and evaluate employees during training and annual competencies. Schedule staff and monitor for compliance to policies and CAP requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Competent in all technical areas of the laboratory
- Scheduling Staff and Monitoring target hours
- Evaluate new equipment and products; implement new procedures as needed
- Responsible for compliance with CAP requirements and turnaround time goals
- Rounding with staff on third shift
- Assists in evaluations of staff, training of new and current employees
- Manages multiple priorities and coordinates general workflow to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Orients and teaches students as necessary.
- Individual must be customer focused, service oriented and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Properly processes laboratory requisitions and specimens. Responds to requests for special and unusual tests.
- Performs routine daily set-up and maintenance procedures on laboratory equipment. Records all data in proper place, evaluates and repairs if data is outside specifications. Helps evaluate and set up new laboratory procedures or instruments.
- Completed assignments must reflect an average rating or better for quality of work. Shows willingness to assist other laboratory personnel as time permits. Works at a suitable pace. Can adjust as workload increases. Maintains organization of area in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Maintains quality control records. Assesses quality control results to ensure good test results are reported. Reviews quality control data to ensure good quality of work is being maintained and communicates any issues to co-workers and supervisor.
- Properly records results on report forms including date and initials. Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of results. Corrects problems or reports them immediately to a supervisor
- Individual must be organized, able to prioritize, work in a fast pace environment and have excellent problem solving skills. Prioritizes correctly to ensure that most important work is completed first.
- Interacts well with patients. Interacts well with physicians. Cooperates with other professionals both inside and outside the lab. Individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Is punctual and is present when scheduled. Adheres to attendance policy
- Graduate of a NAACLS approved medical laboratory scientist or medical laboratory technician educational program with clinical experience and coursework necessary to be board eligible to take MLS(ASCP) or MT (ASCP) registry exam.
- College transcript required.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required along with a demonstration of leadership.
- Two years of experience
- Knowledge of laboratory computer systems including L.I.S, Total QC
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Computer skills in word, excel
Hours per pay period: 80
Hours: 3:00pm to 11:30pm
Rotating weekends and holidays.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Work Shift:Nights (United States of America)
Department:New Vision Laboratory
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at Recruitment@Mercy.com. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.