To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roseville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Nesco Resource • Roseville, CA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Accountant II develops, implements and/or maintains one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc. Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations. Responsible to prepare and provide information through sound financial reporting. Monitors compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company procedures. Provides guidance and direction to others within the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Review and assist with identifying and coding unallowable expenses.
- Assist in gathering and providing data for external financial and tax audit examination processes.
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of the Financial Management System Policies and Procedures to insure compliance.
- Management of the Sales and Use Tax accounting and reporting process.
- Assist in the implementation of general accounting process improvement objectives.
- Set up and maintain Vendor master files.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to interface professional with various vendors, auditors and government agencies.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.