You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Consultant, Advisory Services - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Consultant, Advisory Services is the overall project lead across moderate-complexity engagement types and is responsible for determining overall approach and structure of analysis for engagement and key deliverables. The Senior Consultant serves as the driving force to assist healthcare provider clients across a range of complex traditional, strategic, and/or clinical revenue cycle and medical group optimization projects. The Senior Consultant manages work streams and may also assign work streams to team members and self that reflect skills and development needs while meeting the needs and timelines of the client.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead day-to-day activities for small to large consulting projects with healthcare provider clients, providing project management, change management, and best practice expertise
- Serve as principal point of day to day contact for client project lead across both diagnostic and implementation engagements alike
- Gather needed data/information for the engagement and conduct appropriate analyses (e.g., cost/benefit analysis, benchmarking, requirements analysis, gap analysis); building Microsoft Excel models; and preparing operational and financial projections
- Leading information-gathering efforts
- Cultivate the client's perception of Optum as a trusted partner and strategic advisor (e.g., build credibility, demonstrate full understanding of their business, leverage other resources within OptumInsight)
- Versed in senior leadership (VP/C-Suite) discussions and presentations
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction by driving results that meet or exceed the client's expectations
- Demonstrate solid relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Collaborate with the client to confirm their expectations regarding key outcomes for the engagement
- Identify/understand the client's business issues and size the financial impact associated with key performance improvement opportunities through financial analysis and scenario modeling
- Identify and manage stakeholders to engage in applicable engagement activities (e.g., obtain buy-in, identify interviewees, provide needed information, influence others)
- Establish optimal communication cadence with client and demonstrate sufficient executive presence to lead onsite presentations
- Able to identify issues and risks in the implementation timeframe; and recommend mitigation actions
- Facilitate senior level decision making by identifying and communicating options and alternatives, impacts of the various decisions, sharing experience of other organizations, and guiding decision making
- Assist operational leaders in prioritization of tasks, data requests, and decisions to maintain the implementation timeline and milestones
- Develop and present superior quality client deliverables
- Identify/develop solutions to meet client needs (e.g., analytics, workflows, system selection and implementation, test plans, training plans)
- Develop work plans for the engagement, as needed (e.g. project plans, communications plans, staffing plans, budgets), and obtain appropriate buy-in and approvals
- Manage engagement execution (e.g., status updates, reporting, risk management) and profitability, by managing successful project delivery within allotted project budget (managing billable hours utilized across the team)
- Ensure engagement quality through running to criticism with both team members and clients alike, regularly seeking proactive feedback and adjusting course as needed based on feedback provided
- Present engagement deliverables to applicable stakeholders (e.g. presentations, blueprints, staffing analytics, diagnostic findings and recommendations)
- Prepare customized client recommendations to realize improvement opportunities identified based on industry best practices and emerging ‘best-in-class’ approaches and facilitate implementation of recommendations
- Apply knowledge of change management principles to drive implementation of engagement objectives
- Leverage project documents and deliverables to provide re-use/transferability for other engagements (e.g., de-identifying content, cataloguing deliverables, storing documents in appropriate shared folders)
- Identify lessons learned and communicate to appropriate stakeholders across both internal team and client, as appropriate
- Versed in change management, conflict resolution, collaboration and driving actions from multiple disparate teams
- Maintain ongoing contact with clients to identify and address emerging issues/concerns
- Leverage and contribute to the applicable knowledge repositories (e.g., Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, analysis tools, project toolkits)
- Contribute to practice-level initiatives including business development and thought leadership beyond client project work
- Stay current on important issues in the healthcare industry (e.g., political/ economic market forces, costs, capabilities, initiatives, legal/regulatory requirements)
- Share professional and domain knowledge with peers and colleagues to build overall organization capabilities
- Effectively delegate project work to internal team members
- Coach and mentor junior staff and provide development support and coaching in enabling junior staff to grow professionally and develop new skill sets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Relevant Advanced Degree (MBA/MPH/MHA) with 2+ years healthcare revenue cycle or medical group consulting experience OR Undergraduate Degree with 3+years healthcare revenue cycle or medical group consulting experience
- Revenue cycle content expertise, with knowledge across both acute care and professional revenue cycle
- Medical group content expertise
- Client relationship management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 80%
- Graduate level degree in business or healthcare
- Professional consulting experience, in healthcare
- Experience mentoring junior level staff
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing experience
- Experience managing projects/teams that achieved budget, timeline and deliverable goals
- Revenue Cycle Operational Knowledge and Experience (e.g. revenue integrity, patient access and contact center operations, Epic revenue cycle implementation)
- Solid healthcare industry knowledge
- Possess analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solving
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Superior analytical capabilities and ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with variety of problem-solving approaches
- Preferred U.S. locations currently include Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs and Boulder, CO; Dallas and Houston, TX; Tampa, FL; Nashville, TN; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Pittsburgh, PA; Hartford, CT.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Business Development
- Business Relationship Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2150945
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.