Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.Job Description
The Driver Supervisor position oversees a team of delivery Drivers responsible for operating company vehicles for the purpose of delivery, pick up, and hauling of materials between the Wholesale Distribution center and multiple local and out of state Wholesale customer store and Company store locations. This position is responsible for scheduling the team effectively for the efficient delivery of product, while ensuring that Drivers have the proper training in basic vehicle maintenance, safety, and customer service.
Essential Functions: Qualifications
• Provide training necessary to ensure that Drivers have the knowledge and tools required to properly operate a delivery vehicle to include:
o Adherence to federal and state motor carrier safety regulations as specified by the US Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies of the federal and state governments
o Conducting routine vehicle, and pre/post trip inspections of the vehicle and the reporting of vehicle maintenance problems to Management upon discovery
o Safely and efficiently unloading and loading merchandise at multiple store locations utilizing lift-gates, pallet jacks and material handling equipment
• Review team records of all transfers and sales on the destination report, master load out, and other required forms.
• Review all maintained daily trip and fuel logs as required; periodically reviews delivery paperwork and verifies payments as drivers return from routes
• Cover routes as necessary
• Ensure proper maintenance of the fleet
• Responsible for scheduling drivers while continuously evaluating and assessing route assignments for cost effectiveness and efficiency
• Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Driver Supervisor is responsible for the oversight, training and scheduling of a team of delivery drivers.
Education and Experience: Additional Information
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months of box (straight) truck driving experience; supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of all transportation regulations
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and develop team members
• Basic math skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in Warehouse and store environments. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid class driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
Must be able to lift and carry merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Service Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Material Handling