The Lead Auditor will participate in audits and assists the In-charge in all aspects of audit activities including planning, execution and audit test step design, for both complex audits and audits outside their areas of familiarity. Perform as the In-charge auditor on complex, medium size audits with larger teams. Works on department special projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies areas of risk and recognizes whether the related controls are operating effectively.
- Lead audit assignments, conduct planning, fieldwork and reporting, review fieldwork performed by staff auditors.
- Communicate timely and effectively with both team members and management regarding audit observations.
- Builds productive relationships with colleagues and clients, increasing the value of IA.
- Organizes and plans (including time utilization) effectively and efficiently for self (e.g., daily tasks, assigned areas and special projects).
- Prepares report draft under guidance of a supervisor.
- Challenges test steps to ensure they are appropriate and effective.
- Develop test steps for new entities or processes.
- Works to apply data analytics where possible.
- Participates in special projects and special investigations under the direction of a supervisor.
- Prepares risk assessments for areas previously audited with guidance from Supervisor.
- Identifies improvements to audit processes and works with supervisor to develop solutions.
- Delivers quality audit work and meets the completion timeframes of each audit.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development through continuing education.
- Data Analysis
- Professional Development
- Quality Auditing
- Field Studies