To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carteret, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Operations Manager
Performance Team Freight Sys, Inc. • Carteret, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manages multiple large scale operations and all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains distribution center operations business plans to include all programs, P&L and customer requirements.
- Provides input to the development customer relationship strategy.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provides guidance to the development of a distribution center process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, safety requirements, facility needs, equipment needs, and customer specific requirements.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Coordinates processing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of warehouse operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Manages subordinate managers who manage employees in Special Projects, Shipping and Receiving, Packing, Order Processing, Routing, Inventory and Auditing, and customer service departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include P&L, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS); Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Various levels of P&L experience highly desired. Spanish speaking skills a plus.