Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Experience: 3-10 years
• Relocation assistance is not available, however they will be open to non-local candidates
• Master’s degree (US Citizen/Green card required)
• 3 plus years hands on experience building sta
tistical models using common data science toolkits such as Python, Spark, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, R, etc.
• Amazing communicator, they will give presentations
• Evidence is one of our core organizational values, and this role is crucial in enabling us to utilize data to drive decisions. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will craft research approaches and analyses that inform the search offerings of JSTOR and Artstor, platforms that make academic journals, books, documents, and images available to millions of learners around the world.
•The successful candidate will have applicable development experience, comfort with billion-row datasets, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and excellent soft skills. We look for candidates that possess strong problem recognition and problem solving skills and a passion for innovation.
• The Senior Data Analyst role sits within the User Insights department, a team of data analysts and user researchers driven to provide rich, meaningful, and actionable data about our users. On the Insights team we all have our own specialties and expertise; we also recognize that our work is most impactful when synergized together. We are looking forward to welcoming a search specialist to complement our team. Responsibilities
• Understand and translate the needs of our scholarly partners to ensure the search engineering team is providing the most value to our users.
• robust and growing data pipeline to identify, vet, and compute metrics to measure the effectiveness of our search engine, including click-through probability, click-through rate, tasks per user per day, how we should filter and combine requests, etc.
• Analyze the results of A|B tests - often providing deep analysis of findings and new phenomenon.
• Stay up on current academic literature about search and actively suggest solutions based on forward-thinking research.
Experience and Skills:
• Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent
• 3 plus years hands on experience building statistical models using common data science toolkits such as Python, Spark, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, R, etc.
• Exceptional communication skills with experience presenting complex results in easy to understand ways to diverse audiences
• Experience with multi-billion row datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering
• Experience with relational databases, data warehousing, and NoSQL technologies such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, AWS Redshift, AWS Athena, ElasticSearch, Dynamo
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Spark DataSets, Pandas, Lucene/ElasticSearch/SOLR
• Intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial drive, innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
Oracle, MySQL, Python, Engineering, SQL, Research
Amazon Web Services