All employees hired between 9/1/21 and 10/31/21 will receive a $500 signing bonus after 60 days of employment*
*Signing bonus may be withheld if employee has unexcused absences or is found to be at fault for a safety violation.
Turner is looking for 5 Ironworkers with welding experience to work on a local project
Position Description: Responsible for assembling, erecting, connecting, and welding for steel projects.
Reports to: Iron Worker Foreman and Trades ManagerEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble hoisting equipment and rigging, such as cables, pulleys, and hooks, to move heavy equipment and materials.
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Drive drift pins through rivet holes in order to align rivet holes in structural-steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
- Erect metal and pre-cast concrete components for building structures.
- Fasten structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
- Force structural-steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members.
- Pull, push, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed and use rope to guide them into position.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Cut, bend, and weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment.
- Dismantle structures and equipment as needed.
- Install fiberglass building insulation, metal cladding, and siding, standing seam roofing as well as insulated metal panels, windows, passage doors and Overhead doors.
- Fabricate metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts and aerial lifts
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site or fabrication shop where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- 3-5 years of position related experience
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Structural Welding Certifications as Required
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Overhead (Business)
- Rigging (Sailing Ship)