To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aurora, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vendor Specialist, Quality Assurance
OSI Group • Aurora, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain vendor material evaluations systems to ensure that established corporate standards are met with regards to safety and quality for current and new ingredient and produce vendors.
- Maintain and communicate vendor expectations and purchase specifications for category.
- Identify and recommend standards based on the analysis of scientific data.
- Develop and administer ingredient and produce vendor audit programs to ensure compliance with established standards. Audits will include all aspects of material safety and quality to include; Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) or Food Safety Preventive Controls (FSPC), and other related standards as required by policy and law.
- Collaborate with personnel at company manufacturing plants to relate and document vendor performance issues, including managing follow-up on corrective and preventive measures.
- Supports plant and corporate quality teams in managing emerging quality and food safety risks related to category.
- Provide recommendations to management where insufficient audit results have been identified.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing audit results and trends.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with vendors while holding vendors accountable for meeting audit standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field.
At least 50%-75% travel time.
Strong science and application background.