Our talented Assistant General Managers know how to keep customers coming back again and again.
- Planning, organizing, and supervising all day-to-day operations: take-out, on-premise dining & catering, and off-premise catering delivery
- Upholding Wright's standards of excellence in food, service, and atmosphere
- Recruiting, training, and retaining a friendly, eager-to-please, energetic, talented staff
- Creating an organization that provides a positive Wright's experience for all parties: customers, staff, neighbors, and vendors
- Evaluating the organization, proposing improvements, and implementing those recommendations
- Increasing sales and profits
We offer some of the best pay around. And our benefits for managers as well as FT and PT staff include:
- Two weeks vacation pay
- Individual medical coverage with a substantial employer contribution (FT only)
- 401k plan with a company match (FT only)
- Employee discounts
- CLOSED on Sundays, Christmas and Thanksgiving Day
- Annual Bonus
- Working alongside a talented, friendly, long-term staff who share their experience and knowledge
Also available through payroll deduction at very competitive rates: life, disability, dental, and, vision.
Work schedules and Training
- Wright's operates from 5 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. Monday through Saturday. We expect our managers to be available to work during those times.
- Assistant General Managers typically work between 50-60 hours per week.
- During the initial training period, an Assistant General Manager trains throughout our operational hours. Once trained, new AGM's typically work mid-days, afternoons and evenings as they become adept at running shifts with a lighter workload.
- During the peak holiday season (November 1 to December 31), Wright's operates around the clock on some---but not all---days. We expect our AGM's to be available to work during those extended times.
We seek a talented Assistant General Manager who:
- Possesses outstanding commercial kitchen knowledge, experience and skills (Are you great with a knife? Can you skillfully work any station in the kitchen?)
- Has the operational knowledge, experience, and skills to ensure that our good-hearted, talented staff gives every guest an experience that "makes 'em feel good"
- Works currently (or most recently) in a management role (chef, manager, etc) for at least the past two (2) years in a high-volume operation (restaurant, hotel, banquet, catering or similar) that has a high-volume scratch kitchen.
- Welcomes the challenges of leading a diverse, thriving company
- Has good communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as strong analytical abilities. Ability to use Word and Excel required.
- Knows food and can work quickly and precisely in a kitchen.
- Thrives in a busy, organized environment
- Seeks long-term employment
- Understands that hospitality staff works when others are playing, especially Saturdays and the Holiday Season (Nov. 1 through Dec. 31)
- Welcomes a drug-free, smoke-free environment
- Agrees to a pre-employment background check (criminal, driving, and credit)
To apply or learn about other opportunities with us, URL blocked - click to apply
Tampa's premier cafe, bakery, deli and catering company since 1963--we're known for...Fresh ingredients. Hearty Servings. Some prepared traditionally. Some found nowhere else. All made with our signature touch.
Wright's Gourmet House
1200 S Dale Mabry
Tampa, FL 33629
One mile south of Kennedy Blvd in the heart of South Tampa.
Thank you for considering us!