Purpose of the Job
The Lead, System Operations Support Analyst plans, coordinates and supports the critical batch processes at the Credit Union. This position assists in maintaining the health of all batch processes by monitoring and intervening when necessary to ensure the Core system progresses through its batch processes overnight to prepare for the next business day. The Lead System Operations Support Analyst is also responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining batch systems (24x7) by leveraging the overall batch support team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates batch rollouts and ticket resolutions.
- Supports testing and maintenance of releases and batch job updates.
- Supports overall batch team schedule and planning efforts including schedules related to PTO, holidays, overtime, and training.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the System Operations Support Analysts.
- Performs and oversees daily, weekly, monthly batch processing SQL reporting, notice mailing management, and monthly statement processing for the credit union.
- Handles incoming ticket requests for the core services group and allocates to the team.
- Works with the batch support teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Serves as liaison between Support Services and other business units within the organization.
- Participates and contributes to assigned projects adhering to the Project Management Methodology of Truliant
- Adheres to change control processes for all change implementations.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures related to batch processing in a production, test, train, and DR environment.
- Works remotely with users to troubleshoot issues related to batch.
- Communicates with vendors as issues arise with vendor applications.
- Troubleshoots and maintains (24x7) batch systems.
- Assists in developing department budget and is responsible for adhering to fiscal guidelines.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Performs basic Microsoft server maintenance as scheduled.
- Assists with application upgrades as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of effective management of others is preferred, including ability to direct staff to accomplish day-to-day tasks
- Understanding of data management is required
- Understanding of Desktop Operating Systems from Microsoft Windows, particularly Windows 7 required
- Understanding of SQL preferred
- Understanding of Monarch preferred
- Understanding of RDP protocol and remote sessions preferred
- Understanding of Microsoft Desktop applications, specifically Office platforms, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome is preferred
- Must be adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Must have ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and be able to communicate complex information effectively to management and other staff
- Must have ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities
- Must be able to maintain professionalism during stressful situations
- Must be able to facilitate meetings
- Must be able to evaluate systems and procedures, implementing efficiency enhancements as needed
- Must be able to make decisions, work independently and complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Must have ability to understand business processes within the Credit Union supported by the department
- Knowledge of project management is preferred
- Must have administrative skills
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members and employees
- Occasional travel within NC, VA and SC may be required for on-site support
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in IT related field or 3 to 5 years equivalent experience required
- Previous experience in a Financial institution in operations or teller experience is preferred
- Previous experience with scheduling tools preferred
Process Improvements (Business)