Experience Center Sales Associate (Full-time)
We are hosting On the Spot Interviews on Tuesday, August 20th from 1:30 – 4:30 at the Miele Experience Center, located in the Sobel Building at 680 8th Street, Suite 155, San Francisco, CA 94103.
Wednesday, August 21th from 9:30 – 1:30 at the Westin located at 1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, CA 94030.
There is no need to set up an appointment, managers will be available that day for on the spot interviews. Please bring a copy of your resume and be prepared to talk to a Hiring Manager that day.
Our 10 Experience Centers bring the Miele message and core value of “Forever Better” to life. As our chief brand ambassadors, Experience Center Sales Associates are essential to delivering customer service that offers an exceptional shopping experience and drives sales results. The Miele Experience Center Sales Associate is friendly, full of positive energy, has an entrepreneurial spirit and is driven to provide the highest levels of customer service and achieve our mission to delight our customers.
Sales Generation and Client Management
Work with walk in clients and by appointment to provide personal service and maintain close relationships with consumer or B2B clientele.
- Analyze customer data to determine sales and business opportunities.
- Manage existing and future clients/accounts to develop leads, initiate relationships and ensure repeat business and referrals.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and team goals.
- Use Customer Relationship Management systems and technology to support the development of a loyal customer base and achieve the highest quality of customer profile capture with every transaction.
- Enter sales quotes and orders within company computer systems.
- Reception desk duties including answering phones, maintaining visitor logs, data entry, responding to email, and maintaining a professional reception area.
- Proactively develop a high level of product knowledge and expertise on Miele appliances and floorcare by attending training sessions, reading catalogs and manuals, and through self-guided training.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the brand and able to effectively communicate company and product features and benefits to clients.
- Participate in all areas of the operation of the Experience Center including, processing sales, assisting with stock management and replenishment, conducting physical inventory, maintaining demonstration and live appliances in pristine condition, and maintaining good housekeeping standards throughout the selling areas and demonstration kitchen.
- Participate in all tasks related to event preparation and execution, including, food handling, event set up, cleaning, loading and unloading dishwashers, setting and clearing tables, handling laundry, and acting as serving staff.
- Previous sales experience in retail, design, or luxury retail preferred.
- Strong initiative and ability to work without constant direction
- Goal oriented. Ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment
- Strong understanding of customer service needs and priorities and willingness to“go above and beyond” in meeting client expectations.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner in interacting with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and clearly with clients and coworkers in person,via phone and email.
- Comfortable working within the demonstration kitchen and being hands-on with food preparation and kitchen duties.
- Strong initiative and time management skills.Ability to work without constant direction.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced retail environment.
- PC proficiency, Outlook, MS Word and Excel and ability to learn new computer applications.
- Professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Flexibility to perform different tasks based on day-to-day business needs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bend, kneel and use a step stool or ladder to reach overhead objects.
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- A high school diploma is required.
What does it take for a family run company to become world market leader in the premium domestic appliance and commercial machine segment? It takes more than offering average products, run-of-the-mill service or short-sighted actions. It also requires the aspiration to do it forever better and to be forever better. This stance accounts for a good working environment at Miele and the success of our products.
Our colleagues can rest assured that those who live up to our standards of quality and professionalism grow personally and professionally. No matter if they are at entry levels or managers.
Miele asks a lot of its employees. They are expected to develop and manufacture worldwide market premium products that are 'Immer Besser'. In return, they receive the most valuable thing Miele can give them: that they themselves become 'Immer Besser' - in all of their professional and personal abilities.
'Immer Besser' is therefore an entrepreneurial success principle from which customers and employees benefit in equal measure. We call this principle 'MAKE IT BETTER. BE BETTER'.
Miele is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports and enforces a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA:M/F/D/V
Verbal Communication Skills