To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. • Portland, OR
Posted 28 days ago
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Quality Engineer for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for our Quality Engineer will provide meaningful information about both risk and performance over the entire supply chain through the application of a QMS system, data acquisition, and standardized reporting. Provide Quality Engineering solutions to maximize the benefits or gains to the organization from the Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Contribute to Supplier Qualification and Reporting activities, including onsite supplier system reviews.
- Contribute to New Equipment Qualification, including definition and validation of inspection methods, and travel to manufacturers to perform runoff validation (FAT).
- Identify metrology strategies to meet GR&R requirements.
- Design custom gages and fixtures as necessary to support both legacy and new products.
- Identify and implement new metrology technologies in support of current and proposed manufacturing processes.
- Establish and manage plant-wide standards for applying Statistical Process Control including standards for calculating control limits and reporting process capability.
- Advise QA Technicians for the proper alignment of specific SPC techniques with specific work cells.
- Contribute to a plant-wide strategy for process inspection SPC and records; software enhancements, and reporting standards.
- Define and implement improvements to the Quality Management System as necessary through creation and revision of controlled Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Lead and Participate in CAPA projects applying structured problem-solving techniques and root cause analysis.
- Create and develop Acceptance Test Plans which align with quality standards or expectations of the organization.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or other related discipline required.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment which provides knowledge of Quality & Engineering Principles such as: process capability, advanced dimensional measurement, SPC, and root cause analysis.
- Ability to perform complex problem solving utilizing the DMAIC methodology.
- Ability to interpret 2D prints and 3D models utilizing current GD&T standards.
- Must have strong analytical, statistical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in basic and advanced dimensional measurement techniques including: Micrometer, Optical Comparator, CMM, and Vision / Camera based inspection equipment.
- Experience with custom gage design and application.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and production.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit; use hands to handle, grasp, or keyboard; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally stands or walks; climbs; bends, stoops or crouches; lifts; pushes/pulls; and talks and hears. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment, and occasionally exposed to production environment. Work area is well lit and air conditioned. Employee may be asked to travel at times.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
To Apply: At Leatherman, we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 20-30 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.