To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • San Antonio, TX
Posted 30 days ago
KEN5 5, a TEGNA-owned station in San Antonio, Texas, is seeking a talented Reporter/Multi-Skilled Journalist with a passion to win and be the best! We want a smart, aggressive, creative storyteller who creates unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. We also want a journalist who thrives live and is conversational and engaging.
In this role, you will:
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Enterprise news stories
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premier, Final Cut Pro and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
KENS 5 offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, EAP, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holiday, paid time off, and 401(k). No phone calls please. Due to the volume received, we are unable to provide status updates on individual applications.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.