At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that’s driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel medical is a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, specializing in the following operating units:
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. Medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents and other supplies are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes. This segment is operated through MEDIVATORS.
Water purification systems for dialysis facilities, including hemodialysis dialyzer and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products. This segment is operated through Mar Cor Purification, Inc. and MEDIVATORS.
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market including face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants. This segment is operated through Crosstex International, Inc.
As an employee, the incumbent will support the mission, vision and values of Medivators and be familiar with and abide by all Medivators policies and procedures. Medivators employees will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values of Medivators. Medivators employees will present themselves in a professional manor and be helpful and courteous at all times.
Provide the Manufacturing departments and Manufacturing Engineering departments with support on various production related projects and activities. Develop preventive maintenance job plans for manufacturing equipment; maintain manufacturing equipment to a high level of quality to produce products according to schedule.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires two years vocational college in automation and manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ten or more years of related work experience required.
- Must have understanding and strong working knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical diagrams, mechanical diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge and work experience in Lean Production methodologies.
- Works on assignments that are moderately to highly complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines. Follows standard procedures,
raising questions on unusual or complex items and suggesting solutions to nonstandard. Must have flexibility in ability to work multiple shifts to provide
coverage to meet production department demands.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of automated manufacturing equipment and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of special machine designs, process equipment, polymer pumps, and heating systems. Electrical controls including design, panel building, electrical controls, and elementary diagrams to NFPA/ANSI 79 Standard for industrial machinery. Mechanical drawings dimensioning and tolerance.
- Must have the knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting production equipment, such as volt ohm meters, clamp on amp probes, oscilloscopes and other related test equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in machine tools to safely setup and operate lathes and mills, machine shop practices and TIG/MIG welding of stainless steel.
- Must be knowledgeable in materials used in the manufacture of machines used for medical device manufacturing process machines. Ability to fabricate jigs and other devices and required to properly maintain production equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. Requires the ability to lift things such as motors and pumps weighing over 50 pounds. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body and the use of both hands.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Requires valid driver’s license.
- State of Minnesota low voltage electrical license preferred.
- Must be familiar with and use of safety practices for equipment lock-out/tag-out and use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to us a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Mainsaver.
- Will be working with computer aided drawing (CAD) system, AutoCAD.
- Will be working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
- Provide expertise for manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance. Must have the skills to repair automated manufacturing equipment for
liquid and powder dispensing machines, cappers, fluid and powder material handling systems, bag forming, labeling, printing, case erection, taping,
stacking, robotics, heat sealing and conveyors.
- Must have the skills to repair and maintain material handling equipment for liquid and powder materials. Firm knowledge of pumps, motors, gear
boxes/transmissions, compressed air systems and other related equipment.
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives
(VFD), building automation systems (BAS), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and basic knowledge of robot programming.
- Must have the skills to read and understand the English language, schematics, electrical and pneumatic diagrams. The ability and experience to
update drawings on the CAD system is a plus.
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the
Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret equipment manufacturers manuals and operating instructions for the writing and setup of
preventative maintenance job plans and schedules.
- Works with outside contractors for building and process related construction and maintenance improvements. Will provide necessary coordination
for the completion of contracted work as assigned. Involvement in the purchasing decision, and oversee new equipment installations used by
- Will provide training to other technicians and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is expected that the incumbent will have the ability to be self directed, work independently as well as in a team environment and set work priorities. Will
schedule and direct vendors/contractors on an occasional basis for maintenance, repair, replacement and testing of equipment and systems, under the direction
of the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
Internal – Daily contact with production maintenance staff and a variety of manufacturing personnel.
External –Will have contact with vendors and contractors with a wide variety of responsibilities to include plumbing, electrical, and production equipment
manufactures, under the direction of the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
Cantel is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)