The Department of Medicine-Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine is seeking a highly talented advanced practice clinician to work on the Pulmonary Inpatient Service at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. The ideal candidate will have experience in a hospital setting caring for patients independently, working with hospital personnel on care coordination, and interacting with trainees such as residents and fellows.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
* Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
* Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
* Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
* Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
* Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
* Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
* Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
* Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
* Support attending physicians on the inpatient service by pre-rounding on a number of patients and supporting the care coordination activities.
* Document all patient encounters in the electronic medical record.
* Responsibilities may vary based on patient volumes to include inpatient services at other adult facilities, or outpatient services.
* Submit timely billing records for patient.
* Perform other job related duties as assigned.
* Education Required: Master's degree in in Nursing.
* Experience Required: None required.
* Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
- Basic Life Support
- Care Coordination
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Health Care