To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Front End Developer
Western Union • San Francisco, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Junior Frontend Developer, based at Western Union’s Digital headquarters in San Francisco, California. This person will be a developer in the CTO organization for Western Union Digital Ventures.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- This position is responsible for development and maintenance of web, mobile and kiosk sites.
- Develop exceptional customer experiences using latest technologies
- The candidate will partner with product management and create prototypes to test new features or entirely new applications on current and future online platforms.
What you will need to succeed:
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred
- 1-2 years of developing mobile web/mobile applications across devices is desired.
- Excellent programmers will be considered even if you don’t have prior experience
- Attention to detail and passion to develop exceptional customer experiences
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including:
- Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams.
- Great communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.