Customer Service Representative
Responsible for supporting the prior authorization process by answering incoming telephone calls, resolving customer questions, complaints and requests adhering to internal policies and procedures and utilizing working knowledge of the organization’s services to meet productivity and quality standards.
One team. One goal. One family. At KEPRO, the bottom line for everything we do is creating positive outcomes for our members. We are excited to extend you the opportunity to join our innovative team in the Nashville area as a Customer Service Representative. This is an exceptional opportunity to truly touch lives and work closely with TennCare Medicaid recipients to receive the benefits they need to live healthy and productive lives.
What will my day look like?
We have amazing members and when they need assistance with processing an application for TennCare Medicaid over the phone – they contact you! You may aid a member to process a new application or make updates to an existing application.
Here is what a typical day may look like:
- Embark on a journey where you assist Medicare applicants apply or change their benefits over the phone. We provide a handy call guide to walk you and the member through the process.
- You connect potential and existing TennCare members with the benefits they need to lead healthy and productive lives.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with our members to solve challenges.
- Participate in various projects to help you grow in your career path in the fast-paced healthcare industry.
What will my first year look like?
- You will start with an extensive training program, providing all the necessary information.
- Training includes working in the actual call center area to help you succeed right away.
- If you want to grow, our managers give you opportunities to increase your skill sets and take more complex calls or process other types of applications.
- You, your team and your manager will share goals, customer feedback and metrics to help you reach all of your weekly goals.
- Our call center connects existing and potential Medicaid recipients to the benefits they need to live a healthy life. In short, we touch lives!
- We offer a competitive bi-weekly salary and an opportunity for ongoing development that will further your career in the healthcare industry.
- This role is truly the backbone of our organization and gives you an opportunity for growth within a rapidly growing and innovative company making a difference in healthcare arena.
What qualifications do I need to have?
- Excited and passionate about helping individuals and families connect to life altering benefits that will place them and their families on a path to health and wellness. The good news is that you do not need to have a healthcare background to apply!
- Be compassionate about our members needs with a sincere satisfaction in providing high levels of service.
- A strong communicator who has great active listening skills and the ability to be concise and assist the member in a timely manner. Their time is valuable!
- Easy to work with and a positive attitude toward resolving different challenges throughout the day. We are looking for people that love being a part of a vibrant and energetic team.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Speak English fluently enough to be clearly understood over the telephone.
Use phone system effectively.
Research and investigate.
Follow confidentiality policies and procedures.
Navigate and use electronic equipment and systems easily and proficiently.
Multitask on a personal computer while conducting telephone conversations.
Work in a fast-paced call center environment
Remain calm and courteous when handling difficult calls and request
Bilingual Spanish-English a plus.
Effective verbal and listening skills to provide courteous and professional customer service.
Effective PC skills including, electronic mail, intranet and industry standard applications.
• 1-2 year’s customer service/telephone experience in a similar call center environment and/or industry preferred.
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
KEPRO offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please. Visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply for more information on the KEPRO Family of Companies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
KEPRO is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description
Hardworking And Dedicated